Friday, April 15, 2011

Spontaneity

Sometimes you just have to have fun when you teach. Today, last hour was one of those times. I have an extremely good sized art exploratory class that ranges from freshman to seniors. I really like the vibe I get from them all the time but since they began this semester we have been confined to sitting at desks until today. As the Cupid Shuffle came on, I announced I did not know how to do this dance. One of them suggested that they teach me. Now in a normal teacher moment, a teacher would have laughed that off. BUT, due to the fact that it is only a few short hours before spring break, and in a few short hours before I leave for Florida I said what the heck. And we did the CUPID SHUFFLE! What great fun with those kids! Kids keep memories from school. they are not memories about reading a great book or doing a fantastic art project, they are moments like this. It will be one of my favorites too. I believe one of the kids video recorded it so as soon as I have access to that I will proudly display my new dancing skills!

No comments: