Tuesday, August 19, 2008

WE ARE BACK!!!!

Wow another year has started! I can't believe it! My classes are...what is the best way to describe it.....FULL! On average there are 28 students in each class. They are bringing in new desks and chairs soon. I only had enough for 21! We even had to round up a few more computers for the lab. I am so excited. I am not sure what to do with that many students, but it will come to me eventually!

We ran a short schedule today with an assembly this morning. I saw all the students today. I have a nice combination of repeat students with some new faces as well. I am also very excited to see so many of my former Mayo students in art as Freshman and my senior Mentor Kids!

This year I am going to work hard to create some one of a kind and special activities for the students that will end up being meaningful to them! I want the students this year to do a lot of creative brainstorming so that they become more aware of the how and why of a project, not the "just cause they have to..."

No comments: